*You will not be allowed to come back to application, we suggest you work on the essay questions on a word document then copy and paste them on the application when you are ready to submit.
*Application deadline is April 1, 2014.
You will need to send in the following items separately by email to email@example.com
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial transcripts from each college or university that you attended (if you are selected we may require official transcripts)
- Two letters of recommendation (sent directly from the recommenders)
APPLICATION, CV, LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION AND TRANSCRIPTS ARE DUE April 1, 2014 however, we will accept scholars on rolling admissions basis and will keep the application link active until all 7 positions are filled.
The objective of the PREP is to provide individuals from underrepresented groups who have recently obtained their baccalaureate degrees with intensive research experience and, in some cases, additional academic enhancement. This will strengthen their candidacy for admission to the nation’s strongest Ph.D. programs, and prepare them to earn Ph.D. degrees in the biomedical sciences.
Our 2014-2015 cohort will begin their program in late June/early July of 2014.
UCSC PREP Highlights
(Stipulated by NIH grant requirements)
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (only)
- Graduated or in the process of graduating with a baccalaureate degree in a biomedically relevant science or engineering dicipline, from an accredited U.S. college or university, no more than 36 month prior to applying to PREP, and are not currently enrolled in a graduate degree program.
- Must belong to groups considered underrepresented in the biomedical sciences as defined by the NIH to include individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds (socially, culturally, economically, or educationally). Applications are especially encouraged from students who are African American/Black; Hispanic/Latino American; Native American Indian/Alaskan Native, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander.
- Plan to apply to a Ph.D. program in a biomedically relevant science after the successful completion of PREP.
Faculty Director: William Sullivan, Ph.D., E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Director: Malika Bell, M.S., E-mail: email@example.com
Program Coordinator: Yulianna Ortega, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org