What We Offer
- A community of well driven scientists, where you are given the opportunity to grow as an individual, professional, and a scientist.
- Selected variety of workshop geared towards professional development, graduate school, community outreach, and personal advancement.
- Opportunities to outreach to the community and give back to others, while emphasizing a growth in the STEM field.
- A safe space to discuss daily issues we face as undergraduate/graduate professionals in our fields and ways to properly address them.
- A serious and welcoming enviroment to study and interact with other students in similar courses.
- Scholarship Award for for the National SACNAS Conference registration.
Secretary: Hi SACNISTAS! My name is Natalie Hermosillo and I’m the current chapter secretary. I am a second year Earth Science major. In my free time I enjoy listening to music, hiking, hanging out with friends, and playing guitar. What I love about SACNAS is the community and friends that I have made in the club! I am excited for the new year and hope that we can encourage and foster success in underrepresented minorities.
Treasurer: Hello fellow SACNISTAS! My name is Eva Garcia and I'm the current treasurer. I'm a chemistry major with an emphasis in biochemistry. After I graduate, I plan to do a post-bac research education program (PREP) and after that attend an MSTP program to obtain my dream degree, an MD-PhD. I enjoy nature, taking polaroids, and writing poetry.
Historian: Hello wonderful people of SACNAS! My name is Itzel Somarriba and I am the historian of the chapter for this term. I am a second year Marine Biology major and I hope to do research in behavior and physiology. A few things about myself: I like to draw, play games, and make memes of my pets during my free time. SACNAS created such a welcoming environment during my first year and I hope to do the same for you all!
Outreach Coordinator: Hi SACNISTAS! My name is Ana Escalante and I am the Outreach Coordinator for this 2020 - 2021 school year. I am a Science Education Major focusing on teaching the subjects of Biology and Chemistry. Currently, a rising second-year transfer student approaching my last year at UCSC! Fun fact about myself, I plan to become a high school and community college instructor in the future. I love the community that SACNAS surround themselves with and the mentorship that is fostered. Being exposed to workshops such as revolving information on how to apply to graduate school contributes to fostering success in the field of STEM.