Fridays, 4:00-5:00 Bimonthly meetings
in Jack Baskin Engineering (JBE) 160
~~Food and Drinks provided~~
***Like our Facebook to receive updates on current meetings, workshops, and meetings***
Facebook Page: UCSC SACNAS Chapter
2018 Spring Quarter Agenda
- April 6, 2018 - 1st Spring Quarter Meeting! 4-5pm, JBE 160
- April 20, 2018 - This Friday! March for Science Poster making meeting, 12-2pm in Sinshiemer 123 (SIN 123)
- Start thinking of interesting fun posters you want to make
- April 21, 2018 - Saturday! March for Science, Santa Cruz City Hall, 9:30am - noon
- Lunch together afterwards.
- May 4, 2018 - Friday Meeting, 4-5pm, JBE 160 -Show your appreciation for those who support the UCSC SACNAS chapter and your success. Come write Thank You cards with us.
- May 18, 2018 -save the date! **Special Guest Speaker: Adriana Landeros (former UCSC SACNAS President and UCSC Alumni)**, 4-5pm
- June 1, 2018 - Friday Meeting, 4-5pm
- June 2, 2018 - Bay Area SACNAS BBQ at Marx Meadow, Golden Gate Park, SF, 12-5pm
- June 8, 2018 - Friday, 4-5pm, Celebration for Graduating Seniors
**Joining meetings keeps you up-to-date on important events & opportunities that are not communicated in the News Letters! It's also a great way to meet new friends and build a strong network as you move forward in your education and career. We keep attendance and provide students demonstrating consistent involvement in the chapter preferential opportunities and benefits. Don't forget to sign up for outreach events below**
SACNAS Spring Quarter Goals:
Outreach, Student success, Member retention.
1. Outreach Opportunities - Sign up here:
April 13, 2018 -Soquel High School Career Expo - volunteers needed
April 21, 2018 -MARCH FOR SCIENCE in Santa Cruz -volunteers needed
Sign up for Volunteering Opportunities Here
3. Student success:
Build Leadership Skills - Apply HereSACNAS Chapter Leadership Institute (CLI) is a two and a half day program for SACNAS Chapter students looking to grow their individual leadership skills and maximize their chapter’s potential. Students will learn through small group exercises, keynote speakers, case studies from successful chapters, and inter-chapter community building. All participants will be equipped to emerge as leaders in their chapters and home institutions.DEADLINE May 6, 2018
SACNAS Travel Scholarship -Apply HereFor undergraduate students in a summer research program DEADLINE JULY 6, 2018
4. Member Retention:
Join meetings/events and bring your friendsFun activities- Hiking, beach party, food, movies, etc...
*SACNAS Social - TBA - Potluck style, Location:TBA*