SRE is a research-focused summer program where students from the CAMP, UC LEADS, and MARC programs work with UC Santa Cruz’s faculty in their labs to gain valuable lab experience while being introduced to the theoretical and practical aspects of laboratory research. During the program, SRE students will be able to grow academically and professionally develop their skills. The SRE program requires students to find lab placement before the summer begins and is recommended for students already in a lab or with lab experience.
- Yulianna A Ortega
- STEM Diversity Programs Director
How to apply
To participate in SRI or SRE you must be accepted into one of the STEM Diversity Programs (MARC, CAMP, UC LEADS). You can apply to the MARC, CAMP, and UC LEADS Programs simultaneously with one application. Only COMPLETED applications will be reviewed.
Click here to access the application
The application components include:
Online application & supplement documents (to be uploaded with the online application) – Due the Second Friday of February
- Completed online Application (this includes essay questions, see questions below)
- Resume or CV (Career Center Resume Guide)
- Copy of Your Unofficial Transcripts (UCSC and/or community college, just print them from your student portal)
- Copy of Your Unofficial Financial Aid Support (if you do not get financial aid, you ARE still eligible for the programs, please state in the online application)
Two letters of recommendation – Due Third Friday of February: from a faculty or staff member (These should be emailed directly from the recommender to email@example.com).
Please limit your responses to 200 words for each question.
Click here to view the application essay questionsFor questions and additional information about the application process, please contact our office at 831-459-4770 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.