The University of California Leadership Excellence through Advanced Degrees (UC LEADS) program is designed to engage and educate California’s future leaders by preparing promising students for advanced education in science, technology, mathematics, and engineering (STEM). UC LEADS is designed to identify upper-division undergraduate students with the potential to succeed in these disciplines but who have experienced situations or conditions that have adversely impacted their advancement in their field of study.
- Yulianna A Ortega
- STEM Diversity Programs Director
How to apply
You can apply to the MARC, UC LEADS, and CAMP Programs simultaneously with one application. Only COMPLETED applications will be reviewed.
Click here to access the application
The application components include:
- Completed online Application (this includes essay questions, see questions below)
- Resume or CV (Career Center Resume Guide)
- Copy of Your Unofficial Transcripts (UCSC and/or community college, just print them from your student portal)
- Copy of Your Unofficial Financial Aid Support (if you do not get financial aid, you ARE still eligible for the programs, please state in the online application)
Two letters of recommendation – Due Third Friday of February: from a faculty or staff member (These should be emailed directly from the recommender to email@example.com).
Click here to view the application essay questionsFor questions and additional information about the application process, please contact our office at 831-459-4770 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.